6.21.2010

A Piece of My Mind 06-21-10

Today I am off from work. I only have a week and a half left and then I'll be working from home for a while. The building where I'm working is soon to be shut down and moved to the east coast, so massive layoffs all around. But I'm not too down about it. Here's an article about it HERE.

I'm taking one of the few vacation days I have. It's all starting to settle in my mind that I'm not going to have the same routine I've had for years, any longer, starting July 2. I'm happy about it, nervous, excited, and a little scared. A little sad as well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. I am mostly excited at the possibilities of making it from home. I'm in a much better spot now than I was before. Hopefully I won't have to depend on too many months of unemployment this time around.

I'll be working on my crafts for the Camarillo Fiesta Days today, so will post pics later. Was planning on being home alone today to get stuff done, but my son sweet talked me into letting him stay here with me. So he's playing his Wii right now as I'm typing this up. He's already requested grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, so I'll be busy with that as well in a while...

What are you all busy doing today?

No comments: