8.12.2012

Museum of Ventura County visit today

Recap of last weekend. Got to visit my sister and her lovely family. My little baby niece Rayah had a rough start in this world with necessary but successful heart surgery in her first week of living. She's a tough cookie! She's 5 months now and looks like a normal. healthy, chunkster baby!

Well, I finally got to weigh myself at their house. I expected to be around the same weight I was when I last weighed myself. To my amazement, I was 20 lbs less than that, which makes me 1 lb less than I was when I first found out I was pregnant. Instead of 50 lbs, all I need to lose is about 25-30! I have another vacation coming up soon so this week I'm going to Tae Bo it up! Along with pilates, yoga, power walking and overall healthy eating. One thing I have had a little bit too much of this week are cookies. But that's only because my dad visited from Japan and I hadn't seen him in 2 years. So I celebrated his visit by getting us cookies. He returned the favor and brought us cookies. We were all cookie monsters last week, but this week, I'm getting serious! No more cookies for a while! :D

Now on to today-a pretty nice Sunday. Started it with coffee and illustration work. Went to Tony's NY Pizza for lunch. Then, despite the Ventura County Fair going on, we fought less than expected traffic to get to the Museum of Ventura County to pick up some shadow boxes for a top secret art show coming soon. Carlos and I each got one-it's going to be fun! More on that later...

Here are some photos from our little outing today:
























No comments: