5.08.2009

Art Tour: The Getty Villa


So the art tour has been on hold for a while, but it's back for the summer! The first confirmed stop is May 23 at the Getty Villa. I've always wanted to go there since I was a kid seeing the commercials on TV, but never got a chance. I've been to the Getty Center a few times, but I keep hearing that the Getty Villa is more beautiful and breathtaking. I can't wait. I really would like to see if they have a book that I helped with the design of at the book store there, too.

Some pending dates...
-Tomorrow, May 9 at the Ventura Pier. We are definitely going for my birthday, but I don't want to be too focused on anything, just a good birthday and family trip. But, if I get inspired, I may get some art out

-May 15 at the Camarillo Boys and Girls club They are having the FIRST LEGO League Expo. Our daughter designed the shirts of one of the teams!

-Sometime in May, Circus Vargas has come to town. The Circus is always a great Visual inspiration.

-Late June, Carlos' family reunion at Leo Carrillo State Park and Beach in Malibu. Lots of sketching to be done there.

That's it for now, but there will be more!

Naomi

No comments: