12.27.2006

Art 4 Heart

So I opened up my email this morning, inspired and just itching to start my new year with creating new art. The email was from someone I had never met, but had found my work through the local Art Association here in Camarillo, of which I am a member. The even invited me to participate in an art show through St. John's Pleasant Valley Hospital. That was the hospital in which I gave birth to my son, and I have to say, they really took care of me there. I couldn't have had a better "birth" experience.

Anyway, back to the event. It is to promote awareness for the prevention of heart disease in women. All of the art will be "heart" related. What a wonderful way to start the new year, and my new body of work! I am going to do a version of a sacred heart, and it will be up for auction in February--of course the proceeds will go to benefit the hospital and the program.

If anybody is interested, let me know, I'll give you all the details. I'll be posting the painting as I finish it.

-Naomi

No comments: