6.26.2009

3rd Stop on the Art Tour: Leo Carillo in Malibu



Do you remember the beach scenes in The Karate Kid? Well, that's where it was filmed. So was the beginning scene of Grease, and some scenes of Point Break. It's awesome there. There lots of sea critters on the rocks when it's low tide. There's even a cave you can crawl into when it's low tide and all the water is out of it. It's a beautiful place. And it's Carlos' family reunion.

I am definitely bringing my sketchbook and some good pencils and pens. I am considering bringing my oil paints and just painting right in my sketchbook. We'll see. I pack tonight, so whatever I feel like lugging along will be what I bring.

We are also going to take a break from "roughing it" (I didn't mention we're camping at the state park there, also beautiful. and hot!! yay tans) to go to the Hollywood Palladium to see Explosions in the Sky! We've been wanting to see them for a while now! So we get to be inspired by their music and then go back the next day to nature and the beach. Oh, I will be getting some artwork done that's for sure. I will scan and post next week. Everyone enjoy your weekends!

No comments: